Tuesday, January 12, 2010

PINEAPPLE JAM


I feel a little silly doing this again.......But here goes... 

The e-exchange...........

"Oh JU! i am making this tonight!!... LOL ~ I've had the jam in the fridge for a week...and tonight I'm making it ~ what a surprise when I came over and saw your tarts!!! we have the same same mind Ju! :)

~Zurin~



LOL!! Zurin, you must share your recipe with me!!! Looking forward to reading about your bake soon.
~Ju~



GONE Ju .....the tarts did not survive the night....LOL....i only made 25 pieces because I was craving them...i was hoping no one would ask for them but not so. Now I have nothing to blog about..well nothing decent ...unless I blog on my left over chicken curry from last night (before it's time for lunch)...

uh uh.. I don't think so ~.

Anyway I'll just go stick my head into my pantry, the fridge, the freezer ..whatever..and see what I can come up with for this very demanding blog of mine!


The things we do! SIGH 

~zurin~ 



Gone?! LOL!!! Must be really yummy! And er ... 25 pieces won't go very far considering there are more than 2 people in your house! ;) I think 25 pieces aren't enough for my 2 older kids, so you must have rationed your tarts? He he!
~Ju~"


Yes Ju ..only 25...which means..... I have left over pineapple jam!! Wooo hoo!


So the pineapple jam became an overnight star! 


That was my dear friend Ju, The Little Teochew up there :)

 
The recipe............ 


Contrary to what many people think making pineapple jam is as easy as pie. I lied. It's easier than pie. 

You just need to watch the pot and stir it once in a while. And it doesn't take long at all. I think I cooked this in half and hour. 

And I have to say that this is really good. The cinnamon makes all the difference.



1 small pineapple
50 - 60 gm of light brown sugar or more if you like it sweeter 
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
1 small cinnamon stick
2-3 cloves

pinch of salt


Peel and chop up the pineapple discarding the fibrous stem in the middle. 

Put all the pieces in food processor and pulse until very fine and mushy.

Place the pineapple mush, the sugar and the cinnamon stick in a thick based medium sized pot over a small flame.

Cook until the jam is dry or as moist as you like it. Add cinnamon powder and a little salt if using. Taste and make it just perfect for you.

Cool and store in a jam jar. Make pineapple tarts or spread on toast. YUM!


33 comments:

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

You're tempting me into making my own, Zurin!! I'm treading on dangerous ground reading your blog. LOL. I must try it ONE DAY. Promise. Not right now ... maybe the next time I earn a breather, I will make this GOLDEN DELICIOUS jam!!

3 hungry tummies said...

Oh Chinese new year again!! Lovely tarts!!

La Table De Nana said...

SUCH A CUTE POST girls!!!!!!

Quinn said...

Where did you get those cute little jars Zurin? An dthe first picture looks a bit like kaya!!!!

Awesomeness is what I would describe this as! I've made pineapple jam too but mine is way more stickier than this though, might have overcooked it a little!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this look lovely, I will try making my own in one day, but not this CNY, too many to do..Thanks for sharing.It is fun to see your conversation with Ju..

KennyT said...

Wow, I want some!!! People who receive this jam will be very happy!

Linda said...

Wow...this jam looks wonderful...very different than the pineapple jam sold here in shops...
I must give it a try!
Beautiful pics!

Angie's Recipes said...

Your homemade pineapple jams looks sooooooooooooooo MUCH better than the store ones!

Federica Simoni said...

una vera delizia!! baci!

Sook said...

Wow what great photos! This jam is incredibly tempting! I'd love to make it sometime!

Unknown said...

This post is so funny !
I saw the Ju's recipes
These photos are wonderfull, I have never made pineapple jam but both gave me the idea to do it
Bravo ! I like so much this post

ann low said...

The pineapple jam looks so beautiful! Any more to spare?

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

This is indeed quite funny -eavesdropping over exchanges between 2 women gushing over 25 pineapple tarts that were 'gone' in no time... You made it sound so easy... tempted to try.

Pei-Lin said...

Lusciously delish home-made pineapple jam!! Watch out! I'm going to have mine soon! Thanks for sharing!!

Pei-Lin

chow and chatter said...

oh wow love this jam very cool

Nadia said...

LOL 25? i wonder how you make stuff with serving size of 2, mummy LOL...or do you just estimate them that way for the blog? when I make stuff it's alwys in bulk bec nnt nak kene masak lagi lol..so end up malas nak measure or work my brain to estimate for blogging LOL

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your jam looks wonderful! The post was lots of fun and your pictures are beautiful.

Barbara said...

Yummy!!!!
Would this be good on ice cream? I have always loved pineapple pieces on ice cream.
Great photos and those little jars are really adorable!

Big Boys Oven said...

this is lovely, I just love the colour and the look of the texture, and you bottle them up soi cutely, gorgeous! ;)

Astana Borneo said...

Tell you what..DHL a bottle or two to Borneo. I know I have to create time for the kitchen...but..well, Just Bill me..Hmmm..yummy...

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe how funny! You know I have a little jar of Austrian pineapple jam but it looks quite different to this. This one looks much more golden which is very appealing indeed! :)

Sunitha said...

Lovely. That looks very good.. I never try jam at home but my mom used to make them. You have encouraged me by saying its easier than pie.

Sanjana said...

You and Ju are making me so hungry with all of this pineapple jam business... I want in! Lol, I cant wait to have a go!

Namitha said...

Awesome..This is my fav jam...Tempting clicks too :-)

fimere said...

c'est fantastique ça doit être délicieux
bonne journée

Pam said...

What an adorable post! The pineapple jam doesn't look either! Pam

Su-yin said...

I really should start making my own pineapple jam. This really reminds me of CNY and all the cookies that come with it. :P

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Love those cute little jars. That jam looks incredible.

Cakebrain said...

I don't believe I've tasted pineapple jam. I think I need to find me some! it looks yummy!

Kitchen Butterfly said...

If I weren't allregic to pineapple.....you would have had me searching for it tomorrow!!!!!!! Thanks

pigpigscorner said...

This is very tempting!

Nadji said...

It looks very delicious.
See soon

Anonymous said...

Nice exchanges with Ju. You girls are getting me into pineapple tarts mood!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails